Online Security Guarantee
We guarantee a 100% reimbursement for any unauthorized transactions conducted in your BMO InvestorLine account that results in a direct loss.
To ensure reimbursement under this guarantee, take the following steps:
- Sign out and close your Internet browser at the end of each online investing or online banking session;
- Keep your password confidential;
- Review your online account activity, statements and trade confirmations; and
- Call us at 1 888 776-6886 within 5 days if you suspect your password or BMO InvestorLine account has been compromised (e.g.: unauthorized transactions, suspicious activity, virus or spyware infection).
View the full details of the Online Security Guarantee
Keeping your information safe
BMO InvestorLine will never contact you to ask for your User ID, Password, PIN, SIN or other sensitive information.
- If you're unsure a call is genuinely from BMO InvestorLine, visit your branch or call us at the telephone number listed on the back of your debit card.
- Safeguard yourself from Internet security problems by being cautious when offering websites your personal information.
- Are you a commercial bank customer? BMO InvestorLine strongly recommends that you perform periodic risk assessment and controls evaluation.
To better help protect your account and other personal information, we’ve implemented a second layer of security. When we need to verify your identity, you’ll be prompted to request for a verification code after you’ve signed in. For more information, see two-step verification for BMO InvestorLine
or two-step verification for adviceDirect
For added security you can create a unique Trading password that is different from your Account password.
Session time-out is a security feature designed to help prevent an unauthorized user from accessing your accounts while you're away from your computer. You will automatically be signed out if your account is inactive for 15 minutes.